There's nowhere to hide! The Knossos Incident continues with Chapter 3...
The Knossos Incident
Chapter 3: "The Swarm Awakens"
BACKGROUND: The queen’s broods have now overrun the caverns beneath Knossos Prime. In darkness unending, alien flesh devours the planet’s crust and infests the very bones of the earth. Something horrible is waiting to be born; and in crowded streets and dark cellars the ground buckles and explodes, releasing legions of snarling, hissing freaks. Hive Fleet Minotaur has arisen. The battle for Knossos has begun!
SCENARIO: Cities of Death, Domination Scenario, Omega Level
DEPLOYMENT: Per Domination
SETUP: Set up 3 “birth nodes” (new - see below), per table quarter. Location to be determined randomly or by player agreement.
RECOMMENDED TERRAIN: City ruins. Tyranid terrain also highly recommended.
TYRANID FORCE: At least 2500 points. Recommended units: raveners, trygons, and mawlocs. Strategems: Ground Burst, Pheremone Clusters, and Seismic Horror (new - see below).
PREFERRED DEFENDING FORCE (optional): Any imperial force worth at least 2500 points.
WINNING CONDITIONS: Per Domination
SPECIAL TERRAIN TYPE – Birth Node
* The maturing norn queen is transforming the caverns beneath Knossos Prime into a Tyranid habitat. Multiple birth canals cling to the ground, alternatively spewing toxic fumes, foul acids, or brainless spore mines.
* A standard plastic hive node may be used. Customization is optional.
* Stats: T2 W3 Sv-
* When destroyed, consider the birth node to have the acid blood biomorph.
* Birth nodes are subject to special rule "The Spawning"
* The Spawning: Once per round, at the end of the Tyranid player's movement phase, roll 1d6. Consult the following table:
1-2: The Children Emerge - Each birth node emits 1 spore mine.
3-4: Afterbirth - Each birth node is considered to have the toxic miasma rule until the beginning of the Tyranid player's next turn.
5-6: Amniotic Rupture - A six inch radius around the center of each birth node counts as hazardous terrain but only for the non-Tyranid player. This effect lasts until the beginning of the Tyranid player's next turn.
* New Stratagem: “Seismic Horror” – Slithering nightmares are tunneling beneath the ground, scenting the prey and causing men and women to lose heart as well as their footing. At the close of the Tyranid player’s assault phase, the Tyranid player places a small blast template over as many enemy units as possible. Template scatters with a BS of 2. All affected units must treat all terrain as difficult until the start of the Tyranid player’s next turn.