Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Nightmare Labyrinth - The Knossos Incident
CHAPTER 1: “Nightmare Labyrinth”
BACKGROUND: The Space Hulk Prophet of Denunciation has emerged from the warp only to vanish into the empyrean after a short while. Seven days later, disappearances have begun to plague the Murru Underhive on Knossos Prime. Enough complaints have been lodged at the local Arbites office that a small group has been dispatched to investigate. Unbeknownst to all but a few, the worst outcome imaginable has come to pass: genestealers have arrived via the space hulk and have brought a norn queen embryo with them! They have infested the underhive and are gathering biomass to feed their alien mother.
SCENARIO: Kill Team (see modifications below)
DEPLOYMENT: Pitched Battle
SETUP: Six “juves” are placed at random positions around the board. No juves may be within six inches of each other at setup. In addition, no juve may be placed within 12 inches of the board’s edges.
RECOMMENDED TERRAIN: Space Hulk board or any set-up containing pipes or other narrow passages that restrict movement.
TYRANID FORCE: 7 Genestealers with toxin sacs. 1 Broodlord specialist with Implant Attack and Feel No Pain.
PREFERRED DEFENDING FORCE (optional): Imperial Guard or suitable “counts-as” army.
WINNING CONDITIONS: The Tyranids win if all juves are killed. Opponent wins by annihilating all Tyranid models.
SPECIAL UNIT TYPE – Juve
* Civilian “counter” model.
* Stats: None. A juve is considered killed if any tyranid model rolls a successful BS check or launches an assault against him.
* This model may move as normal infantry but may not shoot, run or assault.
* All juves are controlled by the opposing player and move on that player’s turn.
* Where Am I? – Juves obey the movement rules for tyranid spore mines with the exception made by the Scream of Terror rule.
* Scream of Terror – On the opposing player’s turn, whenever an unobstructed line of sight can be drawn between a juve and a tyranid model, the juve will move the maximum six inches (if possible) away from the genestealer. In addition, the closest non-tyranid model to the juve in question must move the maximum six inches (if possible) toward that juve.